Question:
who is king of soccer?
bubu
2006-04-08 08:27:12 UTC
who is king of soccer?
Sixteen answers:
Ben
2006-04-08 08:28:46 UTC
My vote goes to Peter Shilton.

Hon'ble mentions: Eric Cantona, "Pelé" Nascimento," and "Dixie" Dean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Shilton
triguyben8379
2006-04-08 16:23:28 UTC
Currently? It's got to be Beckham. With all his endorsements, he easily makes the most money and is the bigggest celebrity. He has mass appeal across different markets - fashion, gossip magazines, modeling. He's probably on the cover of a different magazine every week. I would submit that more people around the world know who David Beckham is than any other soccer player.

Having said that, Pele is the greatest ambassador of soccer that has ever lived. He is the icon. And let's not forget his role in the movie Victory with Sylvester Stallone.
ivacru69
2006-04-08 18:10:55 UTC
The King of soccer is only one: Pele, althouhg argentinans say no
ultradottore
2006-04-08 15:31:24 UTC
Edson Arantes do Nascimeno, alias Pele, Brazilia
2006-04-08 15:40:18 UTC
pele was the king of soccer so far, but the new king is born - Ronaldinho. he'll get his crown in june
latino
2006-04-14 14:12:47 UTC
BRAZIL IS MY FAVORITE TEAM. I LIKE RONALDINHO AND ALL THIS THINGS HE DOES WITH THE BALL. BUT I THINK PELE IS STILL THE KING OF SOCCER. MANY OF YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN A VIDEO OF HIM. I HAVE 2 VIDEOS. PLUS HE SCORED +1200 GOALS THAT'S A RECORD THAT NOBODY WILL BREAK.
morpheous666
2006-04-08 15:49:30 UTC
It has to these two legends of the game Edson Arentes do Nascimento and Diego Maradona both have amazing achievement and careers.
rickqwerty76
2006-04-08 16:08:41 UTC
Ronaldinho
The Fallen Angel
2006-04-08 16:20:24 UTC
Thierry Henry of Arsenal and France
Warrior of the Light
2006-04-08 15:29:00 UTC
Beckham
i_am_t_o
2006-04-08 16:03:36 UTC
Amazed how everyone has forgotten Ronaldo. More WC goals than Pele.....and the Cup to go with it.
joeandhisguitar
2006-04-08 15:28:33 UTC
Pele'
paul67337