Question:
All of my questions will be about soccer. Okay? What's the best performance of Team USA in World Cup history?
jorginho
2006-04-11 17:52:01 UTC
You might want to use the FIFA website or the US Soccer Federation site as well.
Six answers:
2006-04-11 18:08:27 UTC
The best performance of the USA team at the World Cup was in the very first edition, in Uruguay 1930. They finished in the 3rd place, after two 3-0 victories in Group D, against Belgium and Paraguay and a 1-6 loss in semifinals against Argentina.

In the 1994 edition, they made it to the round of 16, losing 0-1 against Brazil and in the 2002 edition they have lost 0-1 against Germany in the quarterfinals.
turdferguson1995
2006-04-12 00:53:57 UTC
I would say Michael Jordan's effort in the 1997 NBA finals against the Utah Jazz.

Oops, I was discussing a real sport. Not a mindless game like soccer where a bunch of people run around a field kicking a ball until the score might be as high as 2-1. What excitement.

Yawn......
The Fallen Angel
2006-04-12 01:02:39 UTC
2002
soccer5_dc
2006-04-12 04:54:36 UTC
The USA got screwed in 2002 they outplayed Germany and the ref missed the goal they scored. They would have gone to the finals and given Brazil a better game!
gentdelbarcelona
2006-04-12 02:15:54 UTC
the US did really well last world cup. if the refery hadnt made those silly mistakes, they MIGHT have gone even further
veroo
2006-04-12 01:00:24 UTC
I think the last cup

2002